Saturday 2 June 2012

I can’t do it alone



Today I realised once again that I just cannot do anything without my God.  I am just ‘a nobody’ and I cannot do anything without the help of God.  I used to think I was ‘a somebody’ but now I know I am just a nobody.
My humble prayer today is out of Psalm 4 ‘Answer me when I call to you, O my righteous God.  Give me relief from my distress; be merciful to me and hear my prayer.’  I wonder if you ever go through times of despair and cannot make it.  I look at people all around me and I can only see that the ‘seem very happy’ but are they?  No one is honest these days, it seems that everybody is doing so well.  I wonder.
Last night I went to a women business meeting – party.  We all came along in our pyjama’s now that was different.  On entering the hall I looked at all the ladies dressed in their long pyjama’s.  Every one different and unique, this created an atmosphere of camaraderie.  It was easy to sit and chat to the ladies. They are all successful and important business women.  They all are in their own businesses and it sounds that their margins are in the Millions.
Fantastic, I can only pray that the Lord will help me start up something that will go as high as that, but in myself I realise that I am nothing.  ‘A Nobody’ and I do believe that I have ‘somebody’ that will help me one day.  Jesus Christ is my somebody I know He will.
In closing I want to pray Psalm 37 from verse 23 ‘If the LORD delights in a man’s way, he makes his steps firm; though eh stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with his hand.  I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread.  They are always generous and lend freely; their children will be blessed.
“Wait for the LORD and keep his way.  He will exalt you to inherit the land; when the wicked are cut off, you will see it.”
Psalm 139 ‘O LORD, you have searched me and you know me.  You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.  You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways.  Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD.  You hem me in – behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.  Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.  Where can I go from your Spirit?  Where can I flee from your presence?  If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. ….Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.  See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.’

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...