Tuesday 24 July 2012

A source of fear



I have just started work again and I must tell you I have forgotten how versatile people are and each individual can really be so different from the rest.  Thinking about the lady I work with, she is short and stout, pear-shaped with long brown hair.  She doesn’t wear any makeup and cusses all the time.  It seems to me that every second work is a swear word.  It seems to be part of her vocabulary.  She praise God with the same mouth and yet she can swear just as badly.

One thing is for sure she is fearful of dying.  Each day we would chat about this and that and then boom; she is reminded of someone who passed away and would discuss them in detail.  At first it didn’t worry me but lately it is working on my nervous.

I find it disturbing to hear about dead people each day and today it is a relief not to be speaking about dead people but look what I am writing about?  My goodness, I don’t have to be writing about this but look at my title ‘the source of fear … dead people’.

Thinking about a sermon I was listing this morning Pastor Brian Houston discussed his trip to the USA where he visited Pastor Joel Osteen.  On discussing the trip Pastor Brian told of an event they attended at a ranch and the huge bulls all around them.  The thing that got onto him was the ‘cow dung’ which clung to his shoes and he just couldn’t get rid of it.  So I am starting to wonder if this ‘dead people’ thing is something that is sticking to this poor woman and she just cannot get rid of it.
How to approach this matter will be interesting and I must tell you I believe I can only do this by consulting my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.  There is no other way, I would have to speak to the Lord and trust in Him to renew my thinking and help her to change her speaking.

So I am going to focus on the Word of God Luke 6: 45 ‘The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart.  For what you say flows from what is in your heart.’

The condition of this ladies heart is dread of dying I need to help her see life instead of dying.
I want to pray and ask the Lord to help me and guide me so that I am able to give her sound advice and help her face each day without worrying about dying.  She needs to start living her life in abundance and not by worry about something like dying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...