Tuesday 14 August 2012

Step Mom


As a step mother I feel so inadequate and most of the time I feel not worthy.  I cannot imagine why God would let me be a step mother to another woman’s children.  Today I am a step mother looking after two young children with totally different values and points of view.  You may think you know what your future holds for you, my goodness only God knows.  God knows where you will be in 10 years’ time and you hope you will be were you need to be in 10 years’ time.  My only prayer would be Lord please guide me and direct my steps, I cannot do this on my own.  Thank you for a wonderful husband who understands me and appreciates the fact that I am not perfect.  I sometimes wonder if he doesn’t just want to run away and hide from me.  I feel like a dragon on fire when things don’t go the way I plan them and explode on many occasions.  You cannot believe how easy that is for me.  Other people simmer and stay quiet me on the other than, I can explode in minutes and get it off my chest in that minute. 
Please Lord will you give me wisdom and I know that You can only give me knowledge I need to keep going and watch over these two.  I always wanted to adopt children as I thought it might be a good idea but now with two children I need to look after and teach my goodness, it isn’t that easy.
Hopefully I will success in the days ahead but right now God knows my heart and understands it isn’t that easy.  I pray for a pure heart and mind so that I might do the best I can.  Hopefully I can obey God in all I do.  Lord teaches, me, O LORD, the way of Your statutes, and I shall keep it to the end.  Give me understanding, and I shall keep Your law; indeed, I shall observe it with my whole heart.  Make me walk in the path of Your commandments, for I delight in it.  Psalm 119: 33….
Children are a challenge, it isn’t easy I can tell you that much.  Goodness

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...