Saturday 1 December 2012

Come Lord Jesus, Come we pray!


This month I want to focus on the Lord Jesus Christ birth and the knowledge that we are saved by grace through the Lord Jesus Christ.  I want to think about what it must be to have the surety that when we move on into the eternal life we are in God’s house with the Lord Jesus Christ, Holy Spirit and Father God.

John 1:  12 Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God –

A meeting was called in heaven and God had it minuted that the Angel Gabriel was to go to earth and speak to the young virgin girl Mary who was pledge to be married to a man named Joseph.  Mary was cleaning the house when she heard a knock on her parents front door.  On opening the door she saw the Angel Gabriel.  ‘Greeting, you who are highly favoured!  The Lord is with you.’ Gabriel greeted her.  Mary ‘good day sir, please come in and sit down.  May I offer you something to drink.’  The angel came into the house and sat down. ‘Mary don’t be afraid, you have found favour with God.  You will be with child and give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name of Jesus.  He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High.  The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever, his kingdom will never end.’  Eyes wide Mary said ‘How can that be I am a virgin?’  Blushing as she looked at the angel Gabriel.  Gabriel looked at her and said ‘The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you.  So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.  Even Elizabeth your relative is going to have a child in her old age, and she who was said to be barren is in her sixth mount.  For nothing is impossible with God.’

Mary answered ‘I am the Lord’s servant, may it be to me as you have said.’  The Angel Gabriel smiled at her and said he needed to leave.  

Mary quickly got ready and left her home to go and visit Elizabeth.  When she got to Zechariah’s house she called out ‘Good afternoon Elizabeth.’  When Elizabeth heard Mary’s voice the baby in her womb leaped.  Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit and in a loud voice she exclaimed ‘Blessed are you among women, and blessed I the child you will bear!’  She turned and looked at Mary ‘why am I so favoured, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?  As soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for you.  Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished.’

We are going into the season of joy and I want to encourage you today to keep your faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.  We are His children bought by His blood.

May you have a blessed day and may the peace, joy and love of the Lord follow you this month and the coming year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...