Tuesday 25 December 2012

Christmas day, 25 December 2012 07h30 RSA


Yvette van Niekerk - 3 September 2010

Micah 5: 2 - 5a ‘But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times.  Therefore Israel will be abandoned until the time when she who is in labour gives birth and the rest of his brothers’ return to join the Israelites. He will stand and shepherd his flock in the strength of the LORD, in the majesty of the name of the LORD his GOD.  And they will live securely, for then his greatness will reach to the ends of the earth, and he will be their peace.’

Shalom my darlings, its Christmas morning and the house is quiet the kids are asleep, my husband is asleep.  Birdie is signing in her little cage, the dogs are still sleeping.  I have been up since 5h00 this morning, I wanted to make the potato salad for today, wash the dishes of last night and tidy up the house before we leave for the day to see my own children and family.  Outside the winds is blowing through the trees, I see the branches moving up and down and I can hear the rustling of the wind through the leaves.  I opened the doors so that fresh air can come into the house, it a refreshing morning.

Reading this morning’s devotion I have come to realise that this time of year is very, very sad for many people.  I had a job last week and yesterday I was told ‘sorry your contract has expired and we will let you know if something comes up in the new year’.  I was devastated it seemed my whole world crashed in around me.  I called Andus and was really crying my heart out; we have bills to pay and all kinds of things.  But this morning in humble prayer I came into the presence of the LORD my God.  I don’t know what my future holds for me and yes I don’t have a job and I am not sure how I will meet all my payments.  This is difficult but I have hope, and I believe in God, I believe the Lord Jesus Christ will lead me in the path I should take.  I stand on the word of God and I take hold of it this morning. 
 
With a firm belief in my heart I entrust my life and finances into the hands of my Lord Jesus Christ.  I will stand on God’s word this morning as He is my income, He said that He would provide according to my needs.

Darlings take heart and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ, as we face each day there will be difficult times and it will seem there is no way out.  As I come to you with nothing and I know I cannot help you I do want to encourage you to trust in the Lord Jesus Christ.  We have the opportunity to go to Him in humble prayer and wait at His feet.  The Lord loves you and me, God sent His only begotten son to die on a cross for our sins so that we may join Him in heaven.  

Father God in the Holy Name of Jesus Christ Your Son I submit my life into Your hands today.  I want to dedicate my life and the lives of all the people around the world who are facing a difficult time.  A child whose mother is drunk and has not taken care of them, an abuse father who comes home angry and frustrated and beats everybody.  A young girl pregnant and not sure how she will make it going forward.  A lost child someone who cannot go home because life is too difficult to face with the family.  A dying spouse not sure if they made the grade and will be going to heaven.  A person who lost their jobs and aren’t sure if they will make ends meet.  Father the list is endless but in humility Lord I want to bring each heartache and pain into Your presence this morning.  Lord I want to ask You to please lift us up.  Help each one of us as we face today.  Give us the peace, love, kindness, humbleness and charity we need to face today.  Lord gives all of us the assurance that no matter what happens You are there with us.  In Proverbs 3: 6 I come to You Lord and in all my ways I want to acknowledge You, and because I believe in You Lord Jesus I know You will make all my paths straight.

May the peace of the Lord Jesus Christ fill your hearts and minds, may your Christmas be joyful and happy and may the supernatural favour of our Lord Jesus Christ sit on You today and the rest of this year.  May an abundant bless come to You with these supernatural favours, with hearts changed and love to follow you all the days of Your life.  God Bless You today, merry Christmas!  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...