Thursday 10 January 2013

God is turning my Hopeless situations around



Hezekiah’s Illness: 
Old Testament

Isaiah 38: 1 – 5

“In those days Hezekiah became ill and was at the point of death.  The prophet Isaiah Son of Amoz went to him and said, ‘this is what the LORD says:  Put your house in order, because you are going to die; you will not recover.  Hezekiah turned his face to the wall and prayed to the LORD, “Remember, O LORD, how I have walked before you faithfully and with wholehearted devotion and have done what is good in your eyes.”  And Hezekiah wept bitterly. The word of the LORD came to Isaiah: “Go and tell Hezekiah, ‘this is what the LORD, the God of your father David, says:  I have heard your prayer and seen your tears; I will add fifteen years to your life.”


Are you facing a hopeless situation?  Well to be honest I feel that I am facing a hopeless situation; the place I live in does not have work for white woman.  I am not playing the race card here but the fact of the matter is that there aren’t many opportunities if you are a white woman in the community.  I have noticed also that should you find a position you have to eat humble pie and take whatever they are offering because they know there are more than a half of dozen women wanting to work.

Looking at this scripture I have come to realise that God is still merciful even though HE had decided that Hezekiah’s end was in sight.  God saw what Hezekiah did.  Hezekiah didn’t ask the Prophet Isaiah to please stand in the gap for him and make atonement for him.  No, Hezekiah turned his back on the prophet and he prayed.  Looking to the wall where he focused his attention solely on the Lord God.
What happened when Hezekiah prayed and wept bitterly?  God saw his prayer and tears.  God said to the prophet go and tell Hezekiah ‘I have heard your prayer and seen your tears, I will add fifteen years to your life.’  My goodness, God changed His mind around Hezekiah.  He gave Hezekiah another fifteen years to live.

With this in mind I know that God has heard my prayers and seen my tears.  I know that He will open opportunities for me and His supernatural favour rest on me this year.  I believe that nothing is impossible with my God.  I don’t have to worry how, where or what.  God is in control and He will open the right doors for me.  

Father God, humbly I pray about my own hopeless situation, I ask Lord that You will open the right doors for me, Lord giving me the supernatural favour I need to face each day, blessing me with Your grace and mercy and I ask Lord for the necessary wisdom and insight.  I am preparing to go onto a course and I need to learn the material beforehand.  I pray Lord for the wisdom and understanding and I ask You Lord to give me the ability I need to pass this.
Thank you Father God, in the Holy Name of Your Son Jesus Christ.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...