Friday 18 January 2013

Praying the Scriptures



Daniel 2: 19 – 23
During the night the mystery was revealed to Daniel in a vision.  Then Daniel praised the God of heaven and said:
‘Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever;
Wisdom and power are his.
He changes times and seasons;
He sets up kings and deposes them.
He gives wisdom to the wise
And knowledge to the discerning.
He reveals deep and hidden things;
He knows what lies in darkness,
And light dwells with him.
I thank and praise you, O God of my fathers:
You have made known to me what we asked of you,
You have made known to us the dream of the king.’

When studying the word of God this morning I read my daily reading in Daniel this morning and as I was feeling a downcast and without hope I read these words and it made sense to me.  I redirected my focus and took it off myself and turned it back to the Lord my God.  Reading the first two books of Daniel and seeing that our God revealed to Daniel the Kings dream.  What an awesome God we serve.  In reading the passages I came to the conclusion that I need to stay focused on God and not me.  God will make my paths straight and He will direct my footsteps.  

Praise the Lord with me today and take heart that we can focus our attention on a Higher being, our Lord Jesus Christ.  J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...