Monday 21 January 2013

The Whole Armour of God


Good morning Darlings if there is one movie that I absolutely love then I need to say it is the Gladiator.  Russell Crowe of course is one of the people I really and truly admire.  The movie as you will recall was about General Maximus Decimus Meridius who lead the Roman army to a decisive victory against Germanic tribes at Vindobona.  Maximus was a fierce and determined gladiator; he lost everything and didn’t fear death.  The thing I like about this story is that this character had integrity even in the most horrendous circumstances.  He stood out among the other captives and he still took a stand.  Darlings let us also take a stand for the Lord Jesus Christ and let us focus our attention on God and be courageous as Maximus and put the full armour of God on as we face today.

See Ephesians 6: 10 – 18 I really like the Amplified Bible.  

Father God today I want to put the whole armour of God on as a soldier in Your army, so that I am able to successfully stand up against all the strategies and the deceits of the devil.  I know Lord that I am not wrestling with flesh and blood but against the despotisms, against the powers, against the world rulers of this present darkness, against the spirit forces of wickedness in the heavenly sphere.  Lord I put on the complete armour that I may be able to resist and stand my ground on the evil day, and, having done all to stand.  Holding my ground, having tightened the belt of truth around my loins and having put on the breastplate of integrity and of moral rectitude and right standing with God, having shod my feet in preparation of the Gospel of peace. Lift up over all the shield of saving faith, upon which I can quench all the flaming missiles of the wicked.  Taking the helmet of salvation and the sword that the Spirit wields, which is the Word of God.  Praying at all times, on every occasion, in every season in the Spirit, with all prayer and entreaty.  To that end keep alert and watch with strong purpose and perseverance, interceding in behalf of all the saints in Jesus holy name.  Amen  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...