Wednesday 5 November 2014

Are you on your Damascus Road?



Acts 26 New International Version (NIV)

15 “Then I asked, ‘Who are you, Lord?’
‘I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting,’ the Lord replied. 16 ‘Now get up and stand on your feet. I have appeared to you to appoint you as a servant and as a witness of what you have seen and will see of me. 17 I will rescue you from your own people and from the Gentiles. I am sending you to them 18 to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.’

Are you on your Damascus Road?  Goals set and tasks at hand Paul and his companions were on their way to persecute a number of Christians.  Not knowing that Paul now was traveling into a destination of change.  A Pharisee with his mind made up against these Christians talking about the risen Christ.  He would purge them from this earth.

A supernatural encounter occurs, a bright light, lighter than the sun engulfs Paul and his companions pushing them to the ground.  In this light Paul hears a voice speaking to him in Aramaic, saying: ‘Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me? It is hard for you to kick against the goads.

Paul hears the voice stating that it is Jesus and Jesus now has appointed Paul as a servant and as a witness of what he has seen and will see of the LORD Jesus.

God sure does have a different perspective on life and He does come into our lives so differently.  It is my desire that the LORD will touch my life with His spirit and open my eyes to the Word of God.  Helping me to understand more and grow more but most of all so that I am able to become more like Jesus.  

I want to be a vessel the Lord God is able to use as I don’t feel that I have the required skills and knowledge.  I feel that I let the Lord down constantly.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...