Thursday 20 November 2014

My God will supply ...



Habakkuk 3 the prayer that Habakkuk prayed, I want to personalize for myself.  Dear Abba Father, “ O Lord, now I have heard your report, and I worship You in awe for the fearful things you are going to do.  In this time of my deep need, begin again to help me, as you did in years gone by.  Show me Your power to save me, in Your wrath, remember mercy.


Lord God I see You moving across the deserts from Mount Sinai, Your brilliant splendor fills the earth and sky;  Your glory fills the heavens, and the earth is full of Your praise!  What a wonderful God YOU ARE!!!!

Lord, Abba Father from Your hands flash rays of brilliant light.  You rejoice in Your awesome power.  Pestilence marches before you; plague follows close behind.  You stop; You stand still for a moment, gazing at the earth.  The You shake the nations, scattering the everlasting mounts and leveling the hills.  Your power is just the same as always!!!  I see the people of Cushan and of Midian in mortal fear.

Abba Father was it in anger, Lord you smote the rivers and parted the sea?  Were You displeased with them?  No, You were sending Your chariots of salvation!  All saw Your power!!!  Then springs burst forth upon the earth at Your command!  The mountains watched and trembled.  Onward  swept the raging water.  The mighty deep cried out, announcing its surrender to the LORD.  The lofty sun and moon began to fade, obscured by brilliance from your arrows and the flashing of your glittering spear.

Lord You marched across the land in awesome anger and trampled down the nations in Your wrath.  You went out to save Your chosen people.  You crushed the head of the wicked and laid bare his bones from head to toe.  You destroyed with their own weapons those who came out like a whirlwind, thinking Israel would be an easy prey.

 Your horsemen marched across the sea; the mighty waters piled high. 16 I tremble when I hear all this; my lips quiver with fear. My legs give way beneath me, and I shake in terror. I will quietly wait for the day of trouble to come upon the people who invade us.

Even though the fig trees are all destroyed, and there is neither blossom left nor fruit; though the olive crops all fail, and the fields lie barren; even if the flocks die in the fields and the cattle barns are empty, yet I will rejoice in the Lord; I will be happy in the God of my salvation.  The Lord God is my strength; He will give me the speed of a deer and bring me safely over the mountains.”

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...