Friday 7 November 2014

Perseverance




2 Peter 1:6  New International Version (NIV)

and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness;

I am currently a temp at a company and they are facing changes, the winds of change are rising up some standards for some and not for others.



Listening to them talk about their situation I feel sympathetic towards them but I can also see God’s hand at work in each one’s lives.  The person I really think has persevered is a lady that really went the extra mile and after a number of years she now faces the chance of being promoted.

It is clear to me that she persevered and God saw her heart and realized her dream of being promoted.  How awesome is our God, He promotes each of us as He sees fit.  It sad the others are angry and feeling resentment but they didn’t worry about her while they were moving up in life.  Now it’s through her perseverance that she finally is being rewarded for a job well done.

To describe her I want to refer to the above passage, ‘to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness;’ this is so clear in her live.  She is a person who is self-controlled, she has persevered and she is wearing a garment of godliness.  Praise the Lord for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...