Tuesday 27 January 2015

2 Peter 2: 1 Words to live by today ....

As I meditate on the Word of God I have come to a point in my life where I need to make a decision about what it is that I want out of this life.  You don’t know but I have been struggling with my temper and I have to really work at not being angry.

Breaking point I need to end this self-destructive attitude or it will destroy my whole life.  I sat on my bed the other evening and I just said “Lord God help me.”  The next day I read these words and have come to realise that I am at fault, I need to repent and ask the Lord God to heal my broken heart and heal my spirit.  1 Peter 2: 1 So be done with every trace of wickedness (depravity, malignity) and all deceit and insincerity (pretence, hypocrisy) and grudges (envy, jealousy) and slander and evil speaking of every kind.   I realised that I was constantly saying bad things, not considering people’s feelings and being just plain mean.  I didn’t want anything good to go their way.  I was constantly saying how bad they were and I had been totally rude to them all.

To sum it up, I have been going through a really negative stage and had been mean to everybody around me.  I soon came to the point that I realised that I am being self-destructive; with the people I love and deal with each and every day.

I made up my mind to trust the Lord and give this problem over to the Lord.  I needed to repent of my negative state of mind and accept that the Lord died on the cross for all my brokenness and that I can be nice to people and love them.  Isn’t that the command the Lord left behind.  Love your neighbour.
Be blessed as you are my blessing, thank you for your support.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...