"God, here I am, speak to me."


13 ‘You (Yvette) will seek me and find me when you (Yvette) seek me with all your (Yvette) heart.’ Jeremiah 29: 13 (NIV)

I was about 14 or 15 years old when I was sitting in my bedroom knitting, I used to love sitting on the carpet in my bedroom on the floor.  I heard my mom calling me “Yvette, Yvettie”.  I jumped up and ran over to her.  “Yes, Mommy” I said.  My mom looked up from her reading and answered me “I didn’t call you.”  I said: “Mommy I heard you, calling me.”  She smiled at me and said “No, darling I didn’t.” 

Well I turned around and left her and went back to my knitting, I was knitting dolls jersey and my concentrations was on the pattern at hand.  I just got started when I hear my Mom calling me again I heard her calling me “Yvette, Yvettie”.  It was clear as day light and she called me twice.  I put my knitting down and ran over to her in her bedroom.  “Yes Mommy” I stood in front of her expecting her to tell me what I was supposed to do.  “You are such a darling.”  She said and then she said “Go off and make us a nice cup of coffee.”
 
Later on in life I realised that the Lord was calling me and that I should have just answered “here I am Lord, speak Your servant is listing.”  Now, it is my heart’s desire to hear God’s voice, I want to listen and hear Him calling my Name.

I currently am seeking the Lord my God with my whole heart and I am fine tuning my ears, I want to hear God’s voice.  I know that God is here with me, I just need to pay attention.

Thought for today:  
To hear God’s voice, I need to build my relationship with God and keep on praying.


Prayer 
Heavenly Father, Lord here I am, I am listening and waiting for You to speak to me.  I open my heart, soul and mind to Your word, Holy Spirit come in and fill my life, in Jesus Name Amen. 

Popular posts from this blog

Wisdom in Trusting God

tHe dArkest hOur oF the nIght cOmes jUst bEfore the dAwn.