Thursday 21 January 2016

Growing Older and Trusting in Jesus


Psalm 118: 17 “I will not die but live, and will proclaim what the LORD has done.”

Something I realised is that I cannot fight aging, I see new little wrinkle lines under my eyes, I notice that I cannot shed the weight like I used to and I don’t seem to have the strength I used to have.  

Being young has the advantages of being able to do many things and not feel tired and you can do even that little more.  As you grow older live changes, you will do two or three chores and then you need a rest.

I need to go to bed early so that I can rise early but I realise I seem to be awake around 5h00 am each morning.

In the early hours I speak to God and thank Him for the new day.  I believe God hears my prayers and I pray for my children and family.  I bring each member in my family before the Lord asking for the blessings they need for the day ahead of them.  I call each person into the Kingdom of God.

I believe that Psalms 92: 14 reminds me that “They will still bear fruit in old age, they will stay fresh and green.”  I will still bear fruit in my old age and I will stay fresh and green.  God is so good to me that I still have the ability to read, write and mediate on God’s word day and night. 


I will stay focused on my goals, my purpose and my dreams.  God never forsakes me and He loves me, I am the righteousness of God in Christ, no weapon formed against me shall prosper.  I am a child of God through the blood of Jesus Christ.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...