Friday 15 January 2016

Keeping my salvation:


Key points to ponder and hold fast to.

Obedience
To be obedient to the Lord Jesus ~ Matthew 6: 24 ‘ … you cannot serve two lords

Thank about it you can only serve one God, its obviously the Lord Jesus, but when you make this decision you need to honour your choice by making the Lord Jesus LORD over every area of your life.  To be able to that you will need someone to help you, yes!  The HOLY SPIRIT see 1 Corinthians 12: 3 ‘no one can say that Jesus is Lord except by the HOLY SPIRIT’. 

Holy Spirit
1 Thessalonians 5 : 17 Always keep praying.  I realise that without prayer I am lost and I invite the Holy Spirit to live in me so that I can continue in prayer daily.

Bible Study & Meditation
Romans 10:17 Yet faith comes from listening to this Good News—the Good News about Christ.

We have a song we teach the children in Sunday School “Read your Bible and pray each day, pray each day, pray each day. (x2) Then you will grow, grow, grow, yes you will grow, grow, grow. 

Forget your Bible and you will shrink, shrink, shrink.”

Be deliberate in your thoughts
Guard your mind … I am negative inclined and it just takes a thought to bring my heart down.  Ephesians 6: 16 – 17 ‘In every battle you will need faith as your shield to stop the fiery arrows aimed at you by Satan.  And you will need the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit – which is the Word of God.’

Now don’t allow your thoughts to run away with you, think and mediate on God’s Word and when something comes up that does not agree with the Word rebuke it.  If you see something like you may be short on cash, don’t say I am broke.  NO! say I am out of pocket and that God will supply according to my needs.

Forgive
Life is so short and I only realised it now.  People often offended me and then I would be angry and later carry a grudge and then it would turn into some kind of bitterness.   Stop it right now!   In Matthew 18 : 21 – 22 We are reminded by the Lord Jesus to forgive seventy time seven!

So this is what I do, I really struggle with people that pick on me, and then I normally take offence.  I now look at them smile and say nothing, I forgive them there and then.  Walk away and let it go.  If it persists I pray about it and trust that the Lord will sort it out.  My mood has changed and my attitude is better.  I feel more in control.

Choose your company
Keeping Company with negative and abusive people won’t work, steer clear of them.  The Lord reminds us to choose good company, people with the right attitude, high expectations and a good sense of humour.  People that strive to be better in everything they do.  Read 1 Corinthians 15: 33 ‘Don’t be fooled by those who say such things.  If you listen to them you will start acting like them.’

Pray each day
Ephesians 6: 18 ‘Pray all the time.  Ask God for anything in line with the Holy spirit’s wishes.  Plead with him, reminding him of your needs, and keep praying earnestly for all Christians everywhere.’


Prayer is my life line and I feel empty and without direction if I don’t go to the Lord God in prayer.  When people irritate me the first thing I do, is say a prayer in my mind, Please help me Lord.  You cannot go without praying, speak to God He is near and is waiting to hear from you.

Clothe Yourself
I do two important things each and every day.  I put on the armour of God and I clothe myself with the Lord Jesus.  I am telling you it is a must.  Ephesians 6: 11 – 17

*    Stand firm~ keep the Word of God ready for any attack from the evil one.
*    Resist~ guard your thoughts and mind praying that the Holy Spirit will lead you.
*    Gird your waist with trust~ holds on to the Word of God and keeps it handy.
*    The breastplate of righteousness~ places this over your heart to watch your attitude and remind you that you belong to Jesus.
*    Shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace~ be prepared to speak to people about God.  Spread the good news.
*    The shield of faith~ you need to hear the Word, speak the Word and live the Word of God each day.
*    The helmet of salvation~ remembers you have been bought by the Blood of Jesus Christ it is your protection.
*    The Sword of the Spirit~ wheeled your sword ~ your Bible by studying it and knowing what it says about who you are in the Lord Jesus Christ, teach and help other people who don’t know the Lord yet.

 

Church
God wants us to attend a church so that we will not tire and grow weary, when you feel down there is someone that can help you.  The Word of God is taught and we get to hear revelations at our church through the pastor. 

 


I hope you enjoyed my key points and may you grow too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...