My Personal Testimony
Friends came to our home and I felt that as a young woman, with two beautiful healthy children that I was a good person. These friends of ours invited us to go to church with them that Sunday. I agreed because I went to Church religiously and it wouldn’t be a problem.
Sunday came and as I walked into the church I felt really uncomfortable. All the people I saw were friendly, smiling and greeting everybody. We sat right in front of the church and a band was playing and people were sing and clapping hands. It disturbed me and I really just couldn’t get the feel of the church.
The Pastor came into the church and people were really happy to see him. He took his violin and played ‘Amazing Grace’ and then the congregation sang along as he played. I was mesmerised and really could not believe the atmosphere. He was speaking to the congregation but it sounded like the whole sermon was aimed at me. At the end of the sermon he said ‘God has laid it on my heart to pray for people that do not have a personal relationship with Him.’ I almost fainted he looked at me and I felt both my hand grip the chair I was sitting on. No, I thought its not me, I go to church each and every Sunday. I am a Christian.
People stood up and walked to the front of the church and the Pastor prayed for each person, then the service was over and we went home.
Monday evening, our friends dropped by and asked us what we thought of the service and the church. I was really quiet and felt a little guilty for not going forward and committing my life to the Lord. My spiritual Mother as I want to refer to her Lizette said to me, “Yvette, God loves you and all you have to do is repent of your sins and accept the Lord Jesus as your personal saviour.”
We made coffee and chatted a little while and then they left. I put my two children to bed and then I ran bath water and lay in the bath.
The weekend was still fresh in my mind and I just thought if it is so easy to confess with my mouth and believe in my heart that the Lord Jesus died on the cross for my sins, why can’t I confess that I am a sinful woman and that I accept the Lord Jesus into my life.
While I lay in the warm bath I said out load ‘Lord Jesus, my name is Yvette and Lord I confess that I have never asked You into my life. I also confess that even though I feel that I have not sinned against You, I am a sinful woman. I pray please forgive me as I repent of my sin and Lord Jesus will You please come into my life.’
That was that, I got dressed cleaned the bathroom and went to bed, my husband came to bed much later and the next day was as usual.
Now, I know you must be thinking ah, this is so boring, what happened? It isn’t boring because the truth of the matter is my testimony is why I serve God and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ. I am a normal woman, I went to church and I had sober and good values. I do not swear and curse and I never lied or told stories about other people. So I felt I was going to heaven. The problem here is that yes I had all these good values and good intentions I still was going straight to hell.
· I want to remind you that the BLOOD of the Lamb and the word of my testimony is important to you as well as to me. Revelations 12: 11 ‘And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.’
· I must tell you that ever since my conversion and my repentance to the Lord Jesus I can say without a doubt that the Lord Jesus is my Saviour. ‘Acts 2: 32 “this Jesus God has raised up, of which we are all witnesses.’ I am a witness of this because God has manifested so many times in my own life.
· Matthew 11: 4 – 5 ‘Jesus answered and said to them, “Go and tell John the things which you hear and see: The blind see and the lame walk; the lepers are cleansed and the deaf hear; the dead are raised up and the poor have the gospel preached to them.”
My life has changed and I cannot keep quiet about what God has done for me.
· Acts 4: 33 ‘And with great power the apostles gave witness to the resurrection the Lord Jesus, and great grace was upon them all.’ I believe that God’s supernatural favour still rest on my own life.
· My life before Jesus was good and I was as far as I can tell a good person but once I gave my life to the Lord Jesus it became blessed. Today I have 3 beautiful children, all of them grown up and all of them serving God. I can see they are blessed because God is watching over them.
· My life changed for the better; I know that I am a Child of God and I enjoy reading my Bible and I love talking to people about what God has done for me. I remind everybody that God can do great and wonderful things in their own lives.
Pray with me: God Almighty, my Heavenly Father, I recognize that I am a sinner and that my sin separates me from You Lord. I willingly and consciously confess with my mouth that Jesus is Lord, I believe that God the Father raised Jesus Christ from the dead. This very minute I repent of all my sins, and I receive Jesus as my Lord and Saviour. Amen.
I believe if you prayed this prayer you will be saved, I urge you to find a church and join them. You are a blessing.