Monday 4 January 2016

'Their faces were turned the other way.'


Life is difficult and when people make mistakes I have learned there aren’t really honourable people living among us.  Who will turn their faces away from someone else’s mistakes?

My failures stair me in the face all the time and I have prayed about it and repented from what I have done.  The real problem is that other people who saw what I did are like Ham in the Old Testament.  They go around boasting and telling everyone they see about my sins. 

For a very long time I have thought and prayed about the matter and in this week I received this word that happened a long, long time ago. 

Reading Genesis 9 it tells of Noah who planted a vineyard and when the time came he made some wine and he became drunk.  In his stupor he removed all his clothes and his youngest son Ham walked in on his naked father.

Making a joke probably about what he saw telling both his brother Shem and Japheth. 

The interesting part is that once the two older brothers heard what Ham saw they didn’t find it funny, they took a garment and threw it over their shoulders walking backwards into their father’s tent to cover Noah’s nakedness. 

Noah heard about this and a curse was spoken over Ham, ‘Cursed be Canaan!  The lowest of slaves will he be to his brothers.’  He also said ‘Blessed be the LORD, the God of Shem!  May God extend the territory of Japheth; may Japheth live in the tents of Shem, and may Canaan be his slave.”

Think on this, Proverbs 11: 13 ‘A gossip betrays a confidence, but a trustworthy man keeps a secret.’  

My thinking what would you do when God reveals your ‘nakedness’ to the world, how would you feel?  You know use it, don’t use it.

God Bless you, you are a blessing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...