Skip to main content

You are not forsaken




Deuteronomy 31:8 New American Bible (Revised Edition) (NABRE)

It is the Lord who goes before you; he will be with you and will never fail you or forsake you. So do not fear or be dismayed.”

On a personal note, I am grateful for these words of encouragement.  The LORD says that He goes before us.  We are encouraged that He will be with us and will never fail or forsake us.  We should not fear nor be dismayed.

As I age I feel uncertain and worried about my future but I must be honest and tell you on a personal note, God has not forsaken me.  There are days when I feel uncertain but in those moments I turn my heart to the LORD God, calling out ‘Please don’t forsake me LORD.’

I believe God hears me and I am reminded that He will be with me and will never forsake or leave me.  I know live can be full of uncertainty but there is someone that I can turn to.  I want to encourage you today that God is able to comfort us wherever we find ourselves in this world.


Prayer

Lord God I take refuge in You and I realise that You will be with me and that You will never leave me nor forsake me, I will not fear today and I will not be dismayed.  I love You Lord, in Jesus Name, Amen.




Popular posts from this blog

Develop yourself!

Joel Osteen is an excellent Pastor.
Thank you, Joel.

#Jesus #Christ

Acts 2:38-40 (ICB)38 Peter said to them, “Change your hearts and lives and be baptized, each one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 This promise is for you. It is also for your children and for all who are far away. It is for everyone the Lord our God calls to himself.”40 Peter warned them with many other words. He begged them, “Save yourselves from the evil of today’s people!”
I say we are too caught up in our own little worlds, we believe that we are capable of so much and that when times are difficult then we call on the Lord Jesus.  When nothing happens and we do not receive answered prayers we lose hope and start looking for new ways to get out of the mess we find ourselves in.
In the International Children’s Bible we read that “change your hearts and lives and be baptized,”  the words that stood out for me is “change your hearts and lives.”  I have been thinking about these words.  Something m…

Duane's World

Duane interviewing Storm
live from Jo'burg