Skip to main content

Hope in the LORD!




Psalm 130:7 (RSV)
O Israel, hope in the Lord!
    For with the Lord there is steadfast love,
    and with him is plenteous redemption.

A thought for today as I lay on my bed listening to the chirping song of beautiful happy little birds my hope rises.  Today is another day, full of great and wonderful experiences.  I have a choice to either embrace my day with hope and love and expectations or be alone and feel miserable and lonely.

As I through back the bedding on my bed I sit up straight and stretch my arms and turn looking at my husband still sleeping, its dark in the bedroom but soon the sun will be shining in on him.  I have so much to be grateful of, the bed I sleep in the food on my table and the washing in my washing basket.

I choose to hope in the LORD.  I know that the LORD is there for me and that HIS steadfast love surrounds me day and night and with HIM there is plenteous redemption.  I don’t have to worry about what today will bring, I expect only goodness and mercy from my LORD!

Prayer

O LORD God, thank You for another day!  Thank YOU for giving me the ability to choose and to come into YOUR Presence each and every day.  I worship YOU and thank YOU for YOUR steadfast Love, I thank YOU for the Hope I have in YOU.  In Jesus Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

Develop yourself!

Joel Osteen is an excellent Pastor.
Thank you, Joel.

#Jesus #Christ

Acts 2:38-40 (ICB)38 Peter said to them, “Change your hearts and lives and be baptized, each one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 This promise is for you. It is also for your children and for all who are far away. It is for everyone the Lord our God calls to himself.”40 Peter warned them with many other words. He begged them, “Save yourselves from the evil of today’s people!”
I say we are too caught up in our own little worlds, we believe that we are capable of so much and that when times are difficult then we call on the Lord Jesus.  When nothing happens and we do not receive answered prayers we lose hope and start looking for new ways to get out of the mess we find ourselves in.
In the International Children’s Bible we read that “change your hearts and lives and be baptized,”  the words that stood out for me is “change your hearts and lives.”  I have been thinking about these words.  Something m…

Duane's World

Duane interviewing Storm
live from Jo'burg