Monday 12 September 2016

Salt and Light



Matthew 5:13 (RSV)

13 “You are the salt of the earth; but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trodden under foot by men.

When preparing Macaroni and Cheese I always allow the water to boil with salt and oil.  Once the water starts boiling I add my Macaroni and then I let it boil for approximately 20 minutes.  For me the main seasoning in my Macaroni is the salt.  

Now believe me when there is too much salt in the macaroni, the macaroni loses its appeal and I just cannot stomach it.  When the salt and oil is correctly applied the macaroni comes to live and I can create a wonderful Macaroni and Cheese dish.

As Christian we are needed to season many conversation, we are expected to act appropriately and we are also expected to be a disinfectant.  Life is difficult enough and people can say and do things which can be construed as being rude and out of sync. 

So when you need to get rid of some antioxidants bring in some salt, this is a good way to exfoliate.


Prayer
O Lord God please help me not to lose my saltiness and let me shine my light so that we ever is lost will find You.  Lord as I am being used as seasoning in this life, help me remember that I am nothing without You, in Jesus Name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...