Thursday 22 September 2016

‘What doesn’t kill you, makes you stronger’




2 Corinthians 4: 8-9 (NIVUK)

We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9 persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.

In real life we all face interesting and difficult times in our lives, your job is coming to an end, you don’t know whether you will find something else in time.  Your children drive you crazy and just don’t listen.  Your finances are in a state and you just don’t see how you are going to cope with the bills.  The list is endless, then you may have heard this song ‘What doesn’t kill you, makes you stronger!’


As Christians, life is just as difficult and I believe sometimes even worse than not being a Christian.  It seems we seem to see more ‘flames’ than most people.  Our pressure grows and because we are Christians, it seems more intense.  I remember telling my one friend that I really don’t want to be elastic.  She asked me why, I said ‘I think God pulls me out, out, out and it seems I am going to break.  Just like elastics.’  She turned around say ‘No, God gives you what you can handle that very minute.’  True.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...