Tuesday 18 October 2016

[I want to win this race.] How can we win the race here on earth right now?




1 Corinthians 9: 24
24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize?  Run in such a way as to take the prize.

I remind myself each day that ‘First is first, and second is nothing.’  Something my Dad reminded us of all the time.  

How can you win the race while one earth?  I believe you need to put something into perspective; you need to realize the race will be tough.  You need to be obedient when the Holy Spirit instructs you to do something.  You need to pray and mediate as often as possible.  Your relationship with the Lord Jesus is imperative and you need to stay connected to the vine.

You will need help, a coach always guides and helps his runners for the race.  Our coach and mentor is the Holy Spirit.  Without the Holy Spirit I doubt if any of us will make it to the finish line.

We need to stay connected and the only way to stay connected is by attending church and learning all we can each week.


Prayer

Lord God, the Apostle Paul reminds each one of us that we are in a race and that if we intended to win we need to preserve.  Lord please send Your Holy Spirit so that we may preserve and that we can make it to the finish line.  We cannot do this on our own and we pray guide each one of us, teach us and help us as we take on this race today.  In the name of Jesus Christ Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...