Today what can we do to hear the voice of God? [God’s Voice]

Today what can meditate on hearing the voice of God?

As I focus and mediate on God’s Word I am reminded that Jeremiah was talking to the Israelites about False Religion and that at the end of the day this religion was worthless.  Making a mental note of what is taking up all my time, keeping me so busy that I cannot get to what is important to me I have come to realise I have not been hearing the voice of God.

Why?  Well, I am cooking, cleaning house, washing clothes and not for getting to iron the clothes.  It has become so overwhelming and time consuming I have not taken 5 minutes from my busy schedule to pray.  Shamefully that has been true over the past couple of weeks.  Then I get frustrated and it overwhelms me because I feel I have lost touch with God.

Of all the people I know, that I am the stubborn one, and because of my stubbornness I fall very often.  The children are going back to school and my husband is back to work.  I seem to have some free time.

I don’t know how perfect your spiritual life is and do you also face the same difficulties I do, but in repentance and humbling myself before the Lord my God I pray for forgiveness of sin.

Jeremiah 7: 13 [NIV] ‘While you were doing all these things, declares the Lord, I spoke to you again and again, but you did not listen; I called you, but you did not answer.’ I am so humbled by these words today, God spoke to me again and again, He called me and I did not answer.  Shamefully, I kept myself too busy to listen for the voice of God. 

Jeremiah 7: 24 [NIV] ‘But they did not listen or pay attention; instead, they followed the stubborn inclinations of their evil hearts.  They went backward and not forward.’ So now that I know the state of my relationship with the living God, the God of lights, I have to submit my life anew into His hands.  Retentive and asking that by His grace He would forgive me.

As I focus and study these words today I humble myself before the Living God, my God in the Holy Name of the Lord Jesus Christ.  Asking please Lord, forgive me, I have sinned against You.  Keeping myself so busy that I cannot get to where I was supposed to be.

It is clear to many people that I am not perfect and I am at fault.  In the next couple of day’s I want to learn anew how to connect and listen to the Lord my God.  I am making myself available to His word and trusting that I am forgiven based on the Word, I am redeemed through the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Thank you for reading, perhaps you have so sound advice for someone like me?


God bless you.

Popular posts from this blog

A Discerner of the thoughts

Wisdom in Trusting God