It’s been a while since I have shared my testimony!


Philemon 1: 6
“The communication of thy faith [will] become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in Christ Jesus.”

Picture this a young woman in 1989 with short dark brown hair and green eyes, walking into an Apostolic Faith Mission Church.  In September of 1989, I was 25 years of age and had two children.  My son Jacques aged 7 and my daughter Odette aged 4.  I was a strict mommy and had thought I had high values.  When we sat in the pews I heard the Lord God speaking to me directly through the pastor.  Sorry, I forget his name, he loved to play the violin which was so beautiful.

God was speaking to me directly that when the pastor made the altar call I had to hold myself down with both my hands so that I would not get up and walk to the front of the church.  The next day I was watching TV with the kids and friends came along to see what we through of the service.  I told them what I experience and my friend then said: “Yvette, that was the Lord God speaking to you, all you need to do is to confess that the Lord Jesus Christ is your Lord and savior.”  They left and I took a long hot bath.  As I lay in my bubble bath, I prayed the sinner's prayer.  “Oh dear Lord God, you know and understand me, I am stubborn, full of nonsense and not a believer.  I humbly come to You today and confess that I am in need of a brand new life.  Please Lord God forgive me, I am not worthy to come to You, but in the Name of Your only begotten Son Jesus Christ forgive me and accept my humble prayer.  Amen”

I prayed for forgiveness of sin that Monday evening and have never looked back.  Sometimes we make mistakes and I have made so many but by the Grace of God here I go.  Thank You, Lord God for being patient with me.  As I send my testimony out to the world today.  I confess and believe that every person believing or non-believing will come to You through the Holy Spirit’s anointing on my writing.


Be blessed in the Holy Name of my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.  Amen

Popular posts from this blog

A Discerner of the thoughts

Wisdom in Trusting God