Friday 17 March 2017

The Challenge is on.


Matthew 13: 34 “Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.”

This is so true, I have come to realize that my heart is literally dry, I have truly become so negative that when I open my mouth I will speak negatively.  So for the past couple of weeks, I have literally become aware of my speech.  My words and my thoughts; I am taking my words and thoughts captive to the Lord Jesus Christ.

I know someone, this person has really got a vulgar attitude.  This person really cannot speak edifying words whatsoever.  I can see what is in their heart just by listening to their talking.  The bad thing is I believe that it will rub off on other people.  Something I also noticed is not many people like this person because of their vulgar mannerism.

Proverbs 21 verse 23 reminds us that “Whoso keepeth his mouth and his tongue keepeth his soul from troubles.”  Now, this is food for thought wouldn’t you say?  Yes, so in the meantime, I have made it my business to watch my thoughts, I also have made it my business to watch my words.
Psalms 19 verse 14 reminds us to “Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.”  On this point, I truly have been going out of my way to check my words.  I have decided to pray about my attitude and to bring it into the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ.  I not only want my heart to change but also my attitude and most of all my mind, heart and everything about me.  I desire to become a confident person, with words spoken which look like golden apples.

Psalms 141 verse 3 says “Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips.”  This is on my mind constantly because I have been struggling with major negativity.  I really have to watch my words, my lips spring open and words roll out like thorns and sharp knives especially when I am angry.

I hope that this will be of some encouragement to you, as I share my journey going forward with my words and my attitude.  Life is too short for a negative view and I want to live a positive life, with great dreams and a wonderful future.


Thank you for joining me, you are a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...