Thursday 9 March 2017

What do you think would make a great marriage?


Reading Hebrew 13 verses 1 to 4 in the Message “Stay on good terms with each other, held together by love.  Be ready for a meal or a bed when it’s needed.  Why some have extended hospitality to angels without ever knowing it! Regard prisoners as if you were in prison with them.  Look on victims of abuse as if what happened to them had happened to you.  Honor marriage, and guard the sacredness of sexual intimacy between wife and husband.  God draws a firm line against casual and illicit sex.”

1)     God said “Honor marriage”  I believe this means we must stay faithful to each other as a couple.  No one, not mother, father, sister, brother or children should interfere with the marriage between two people.
2)     My body is a temple of God, which means I need to take good care of my body and not fill it up with loads of junk.
3)     Husband and family always the priority.  Then the rest.  Never allow work to override your responsibilities as a husband or wife.  Don’t make your family strangers.
4)     Cleanliness is close to Godliness.  Wash, need I say more?
5)     Share, share and share nothing belongs only to you, share with your spouse.
6)     I love you, don’t forget to say those important words to each other every day.
7)     Do not assume you have rights, check with your spouse and make sure the both of you are on the same page.
8)     Look after your home, keep it clean, tidy and when something is broken fix it and most importantly, have some peace in the home.  Using foul language is not permitted as it is abusive.
9)     After fighting, kiss and makeup, don’t harbor bitterness or keep any grudges.  Let it go and see how you will grow in the marriage.

10) Always honor the Lord your God, keeping the Lord Jesus Christ first is always the best policy and you can never go wrong.  Love the Lord Jesus with all of your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...