Tuesday 18 April 2017

Word Fast for today: moaning and groaning

James 3: 2 “For we all stumble in many ways.  And if anyone does not stumble in what he says, he is a perfect man, able also to bridle his whole body.”

“… he is a perfect man,”  What a statement, to my mind I am so far from perfect it scares me.  My lives journey has been really interesting and I have been through so many different kinds of situations which in turn have made who I am today.  The one thing I truly regret is my really low self-esteem and my deadly self-talk.
Now because I struggle tremendously with a really negative self-talk.  I would, for instance, ask someone to do something for me and this person would agree and say “yes, I’ll do it now.”  From my point of view “now – means now.”  This specific person gets up and goes and sits in their bedroom and acts as if I never gave any instructions.
This makes me so angry it is like sticking a poker up …. you know somewhere. But because this person does not obey me I then start to complain and moan and groan and by the end of the day, I am so livered I want to commit a serious crime.  Thank the Lord I have not reached that point.
Proverbs 18 verse 21 “Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit.”  So for today, I have decided to stop the moaning and groaning and when someone doesn’t do as I ask to get up and do it myself.  It wouldn’t kill me, I will survive.  As part of my program, I am also asking the Lord Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit to help me in becoming aware of my negative thoughts and take them captive unto the Lord.
Some scriptures to help me through today are Isaiah 58 verse 6 “Is not this the fast that I choose: to loose the bonds of wickedness, to undo the straps of the yoke, to let the oppressed go free, and to break every yoke?”  and also Isaiah 58 verse 9 “Then you shall call, and the LORD will answer; you shall cry, and he will say, “HERE I AM.”  If you take away the yoke from your midst, the pointing of the finger, and speaking wickedness.” 
Keeping to my fast of negative talk and really deadly words my focus is on Psalms 34 verse 1 “I will bless the LORD at all times, his praise shall continually be in my mouth.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, O LORD my God, today I am fasting my negative and deadly words, I am also fasting my words of self-condemnation.  Holy Spirit I dedicate my life back into Your hands and pray please lift me up.  In the powerful name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...