Thursday 4 May 2017

A burning issue … to spank or not to spank your child?

Proverbs 3:12 Amplified Bible, Classic Edition
12 For whom the Lord loves He corrects, even as a father corrects the son in whom he delights.

I see that in our society that we “do not spank” our children because they have rights.  The sad thing I believe is that we are cultivating a society of undisciplined spoilt brats.  I have attended a couple of school meetings and it is obvious that the children have more say than the adults or teachers.  

They become rioters when they do not get their way.  

Hmm, something is very wrong with this picture.  What happens to our respect for the people in authority?  What happened to the respect for our elders and parents?  The teacher doesn't even get the necessary respect.

We are failing our children dismally, it is such a sad story but they have no consequences.  Tell me why don’t we step up to the plate and act righteously with our children?  Are we afraid of them?  Why do we let them get away with murder?

Shamefully, we allow these things, we actually don’t care about them.  We say that its part of growing up and they will mature and get over it.  My question to you Mom and Dad, will they really get over it?  You set the example and your standards have they dropped?  Why? 

Being mediocre and living a mediocre life is okay, what happen to my best every day?  What happens to been proud of my work?  What happened to been the best I can be wherever I go?


Shame, shame, shame on you mom and dad.  Shame.  We should stop and take a look at who we have become and start setting the record straight.  Be that example your children look up to and make them proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...