Saturday 6 May 2017

Book Review                    :             Hosting the Supernatural
Author                              :             Nicky van der Westhuizen (Apostle)
Personal Quality Rating   :             5
Reviewer                          :             Yvette van Niekerk

Summary:

Are you looking to grow spiritually?  Do you feel that you have hit “rock bottom?”  Then you should do yourself a favor and purchase this book.  It not only is insightful but teaches you truths from the Word of God.  The author’s personal experiences are portrayed in this book and there are many golden nuggets to be collected in the reading of this book.

The author has the ability to take a scripture and show you the relevance of the scripture and helps you connect the dots. 

Once you start reading this book it will encourage you to study the Word of God (Bible), and I believe it will create a thirst and hunger and craving for a Supernatural encounter in your own life.  As I read the book I realized that I started to crave this awesome and wonderful hunger to grow spiritually.

Social / Historical Context:

The author's message to the World is to reveal a supernatural encounter with the Lord God.  We all know and realize that there are many people interested in the “supernatural” sphere in this world.  What they and we do not realize is that our God is a “Supernatural Being” and we all are connected to God.  

The difference is that when you are born again, you have an added benefit.  You are now able to contact God through the Holy Spirit (who lives within you).  The author wants to guide and give you the necessary keys to unlock the heavenly sphere to empower you as a Christian.  I believe that when I read this book I have taken so much from it, which enables me to understand God’s word and His purpose for my own life.  I feel more empowered and I feel that the author has inspired me to go deeper into the Word (Bible). 

Writing Style:

The author enjoyed writing this book which comes across as being “inspired by the Holy Spirit” to my thinking.  “Hosting the Supernatural” I believe was written in the first person.  The writing style is evocation as well as common place.  As I read the book I felt the author narrates his own personal experiences.

This was to my thinking a well-written book and I also must say very insightful.  As a teaching tool, I would think a person will definitely grow spiritually.  This book is an easy read and the scripture is used in backing up the authors believes.

The aim of this book is to help Christian and Christian Leaders to rise up through the challenges of the day and take their place in this world with great truths and knowledge which will make them a force to be reckoned with.

My Thoughts:

This book was a great investment and I must be honest I enjoyed the read.  I also took the time to do a little Bible study around the topics that were highlighted and I feel confident in that it helped me grow spiritually.

The message in the book is of a positive nature and it will inspire a person positively.  In the course of a couple of weeks, I have come to a conclusion that I am able to see many circumstances in a positive light and my experience are positively charged.

To say the least, I believe the book has inspired me to look at my personal relationship with the Lord and to actually draw closer to the Lord.  It also made me realize that the Lord does want more for me and that I can come to Him with my hearts desires and hopes and dreams.


On purchasing this book, be warned, you may grow spiritually!  Yes, I absolutely enjoyed this book and it is on my bedside table for a referral.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...