Saturday 17 June 2017

A Discerner of the thoughts


Hebrews 4: 12 KJV “For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.”

Our God is great, wouldn’t you agree?  He sure is, we get to start a new day each day and this means we can improve on what we did yesterday.  If you feel that you didn’t do your best yesterday at least you have a chance to go and make things right today.

The same applies to our thought life.  Taking my thoughts captive can be really difficult at times but when I wake up in the morning I remind myself that I am working on the renewing of my mind.  I know that God’s word is quick and powerful and sharper than any two-edged sword.  This allows me to bring my thinking sort of under control.  The minute I catch myself wondering or speaking negatively, I stop and say no.  Start over.

Sometimes we slip up and we do and say things we didn’t want to but it came out.  Confess your mistakes, pray and ask the Lord to forgive you, turn from it and start over.  I believe that my mind is still under construction and I know that it has to be checked each and every day.  Without the Holy Spirit in my life, it would be a disaster, I will not be able to make the day.

Prayer


Lord thank You for being patient with me today, knowing that it is my desire to renew my thought life and my thinking.  I bring to You my negative and bad words asking that You would cut away the negativity I carry around with me and help me to replace it with your peace, love, and kindness.  In the Holy Name of the Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...