Thursday 29 June 2017

Experience the truth


John 8: 31-32 MSG “Then Jesus turned to the Jews who had claimed to believe in him.  “If you stick with this, living out what I tell you, you are my disciples for sure.  Then you will experience for yourselves the truth, and the truth will free you.”

It is with excitement I start today, I am so grateful that I am able to sit down at my computer and write my thoughts.  Walking through God’s word each and every day is such a privilege.  It is my heart's desire that I am able to learn as much as I can and that I am able to renew my thinking.

Struggling with fear and doubt is something everybody probably experiences, for myself, I am not fearful but I do believe that doubt is constantly nagging at my heels.

The one thing I am currently doing is to read God’s word, meditate on it and stay focused on what I am reading.  When Jesus was speaking to the Jews he knew them and what they were thinking.  He also said that “If you stick with this, living out what I tell you, you are my disciples for sure.  Then you will experience for yourselves the truth, and the truth will free you.”  What an awesome revelation. 

When you keep your focus [Scopos] on the Word of God, you are disciples for sure.  You will experience the truth which in turn will free you.  What an awesome thought and we are learning to renew the way we think.  Deciding what is important.

Prayer


Lord, please help us to focus [scopos] on Your Word.  Teach us and guide us, help us to ditch doubt and fear and to embrace believe that Your word is changing out thoughts word-for-word and thought –for-thought.  In the Holy Name of Jesus Christ, we pray.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...