Saturday 17 June 2017

The #Messiah


Mark 14: 61 TLB “To this Jesus made no reply.  Then the high priest asked him. “Are you the Messiah, the Son of God?””

So the high priest asked Jesus “Are you the Messiah, the Son of God?”  To which Jesus answered:  “I am, and you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.”

Here it is clear that Jesus is claiming His Deity.  By expressing that He was the Son of God.  Jesus is also accepting His Messiahship and Deity.

Further confirmation of Jesus’s Messiahship is found in John chapter 4 verse 25 and 26 “The woman said, “I know that Messiah” (called Christ) is coming.  When he comes, he will explain everything to us.”  Then Jesus declared, “I who speak to you am he.”  Confirmation that Jesus is the Messiah.

The Jewish leaders were hoping to entrap Jesus but think about this God knows our thoughts and minds, so Jesus never falls into their trap.  They wanted to pin a charge of blasphemy on Jesus.

Now when Jesus answered “I am” it was explicit, unambiguous declaration that Jesus was the Messiah the “Son of Man.”

Prayer


Thank you, LORD God, that YOU, sent YOUR only begotten Son, Jesus Christ of Nazareth to come and save us in this broken world.  Thank You for all the confirmations we have readily available to us, proving that Jesus Christ of Nazareth is Your Son.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...