Sunday 11 June 2017

What are you thinking about?


Philippians 4: 9 ESV “Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.”

When you wake up in the morning there are more than enough thoughts going through your mind.  My question to you is what are you thinking about?  Do you think about finances two to three times a day?  Do you think about a job you don’t have three to four times a day? 

The thought you keep bringing into your mind is what you are focussing on and that is what is occupying your mind.  The Apostel Paul reminds us in Philippians chapter 4 verse 9 to think of something pure, lovely and something commendable.  Something excellent and worthy of praise. 

Being someone that struggles with negative thoughts it takes me a couple of hours to get my thoughts in order.  I need to stay focused and practice thinking of things that are pure, focusing on what is good and not taking note of any bad or ugly thoughts. 

Prayer


Heavenly Father, Lord please help me to stay focused and concentrate on thoughts that are pure, thinking on whatever is good and whatever is excellent.  I pray asking for help in Jesus Christ name.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...