Thursday 13 July 2017

#Grandmother #Faith

#Grandmother #Faith


2 Timothy 1 : 5 AMP “I remember your sincere and unqualified faith [the surrendering of your entire self to God in Christ with confident trust in His power, wisdom, and goodness, a faith] which first lived in [the heart of] your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice, and I am confident that it is in you as well.”

We see the Apostle Paul speaking to Timothy and reminding him of his sincere and unqualified faith in the Lord and how it also spring forth from his grandmother and own mother.  Which brings me to the point in my own life.  We are examples to our children and remember they are constantly watching our movements and seeing how we react.  Taking me to my next point.

I saw an article about children and I must tell you that I didn’t know that but as I read it, I knew whatever I was doing in my younger years my children were watching me and would be doing the same thing going forward.
 
Not sure of the exact details but according to Dr. James Dobson, a case study was conducted on 10 thousand children and this was their findings:  1)  The most critical period of a child's mental development was between the ages of eight and eighteen months.  2)  The mother is viewed as the most important part of the child's environment. 3)  The amount of “live” language directed to the child between twelve and eighteen months is absolutely critical.  4) The free access to living areas of the child's home progressed much faster than those whose movements were restricted.  5) The family is the most important educational delivery system.  6)  Best parents are those who excel at three key functions:  Being superb designers and organizers of the child's environment, allowing their children to interrupt them for brief intervals of thirty seconds which allow them to comfort and exchange information; and being firm in disciplining their children also simultaneously showing great affection for the child.  So they love their kids, they talk to their kids, they treat their kids with respect, exposing them to interesting things, organizing their kids time and disciplining them fairly and raising them in a strong stable family environment.  You cannot go wrong with these vital keys to a successful and happy childhood.

Prayer

Lord God, when I sit here and think about how I taught my own children I pray that YOU will help them with their children.  As far as I know, I did the best I could at the time.  I want to encourage and pray for young mothers today asking that You LORD will teach them and Guide them going forward with their own children.  Bless the homes of the parents who cannot do everything they want for their children and bless the grandmothers and mothers who are praying for the grandchildren.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen
https://kellan-publishing.selz.com/item/daily-devotional-ebenezer



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...