Tuesday 4 July 2017

It's alright to start again


Romans 5: 20 KJV “Moreover, the law entered, that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:”

Looking back over my life I honestly must say that I am a master at making mistakes and messing things up.  I actually don’t even have to try hard at making mistakes and messing things up.  It’s easier to do something wrong before we actually do it right, is it because of our sinful nature?  Yes, I think we are programmed that way.

Here’s the thing, God gives us so many chances to make things right with Him.  I don’t believe we have a license to sin but because we are people and we don’t intentionally want to sin, we still do.  Every day is a challenge for many people, we are all working on our positive attitudes, our words of grace and loving kindness.

The fact of the matter is that we mess up, we do and then most of the time we feel terrible about it.  We just have to dust ourselves off, humble ourselves before God and asking Him for forgiveness.  Because we know that where sin abounded, grace did much more abound.  We are able to start again, try and try again until we get it right.

This process is ongoing we will never be perfect but we can work at doing our best in staying humble to the Lord God.  Constantly praying for guidance and help each day.

Prayer


O Lord God, what a privilege it is to come into Your presence each day, knowing that Your grace abounds and that we are able to start over.  We fall constantly like little children and then we cry and get frustrated and angry.  We get up each day, dust ourselves off and humbly pray for YOUR abounding grace.  Lord, we love you, in Jesus Christ’s name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...