Wednesday 5 July 2017

"Remember the Name of the LORD our God."

Psalms 20: 7 KJV “To the Chief Musician, A Psalm of David.  Some trust in chariots, and some in horses:  but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.”

As I sit thinking and meditating on the above verse I noticed a word “trust” and I thought about it for a moment.  We trust in our brand new vehicles and we trust the bank with our money, we trust other people to look after our children.  So it is obvious that “trust” is really important.

The one question I would like to pose is this, do you trust in the LORD our God?  Do you believe that God is able to do anything you ask of Him?

I actually have been trained from childhood never to trust anybody.  It was something my Dad used to tell all of us children.  “Do not trust people.”  Today, I actually struggle in trusting people straight out.  I seem to view people with a little skepticism and suspicion.  It isn’t my intention but it takes me a while to really trust someone.

Which brings me back to God.  Do you believe that God wants us to fully trust in Him?  Well, it is clear when King David wrote Psalms that He fully trusted in God.  He didn’t worry about his chariots or his horses, he trusted in God.

Prayer


Heavenly Father, LORD my God, I still struggle with trusting people, I do submit my hearts desires and problems to You in humble prayer.  The problem I have is leaving them with You.  Today, I fully trust in You and believe that You are able to solve each and every trial and tribulation that I face.  In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...