Wednesday 12 July 2017

sTrIvInG tO sTaY fAitHful tO tYe lOrD



Psalm 101: NKJV “I will behave wisely in a perfect way.  Oh, when will You come to me?  I will walk within my house with a perfect heart.”

Staying faithful to the Lord is something that I have been striving for, and I wonder if I will ever really succeed therein.  Have you actually read Psalm 101 from the beginning to the end?  This Psalm of David is one of the most touching Psalms I have read in a long, long time. 

First, off David starts the Psalm of with praises to the LORD and then he speaks of how he will behave in his own home.  I want to walk in his house with a perfect heart.  He also decided not to entertain any wickedness before his eyes and he will not be around people doing wrong.

As I read the next verse I agree with King David that it is my heart's desire to not entertain or have a perverse heart and that I don’t want to be associated with evil.

King David is truly wonderous as he considers his neighbor and that he will not allow anybody to slander them.  He also doesn’t allow people who are haughty and too proud in the heart to be in his company.

I love the part where King David says that he will place his eyes on the faithful of the land and that he wants them to dwell with him.  He wants honorable people in his service. 

Prayer

O LORD, God, humbly I come before You today, and I want to pray this Psalm 101.  You know my heart, You know who I am.  I want to be able to come into Your presence with a pure heart and with a clean spirit.  LORD, I love and adore YOU.  I want to bring praise to YOUR name.  I want to serve YOU with all my being but I cover myself today with the blood of Jesus Christ so that I can stand before YOU the righteousness of God in Christ.  In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.  Amen.


https://kellan-publishing.selz.com/item/daily-devotional-ebenezer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...