Wednesday 20 September 2017

Are you a fully functioning part of the Church?




Ephesians 4: 16 ESV “from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love.”

When last have you attended church? When Sunday morning comes along are you up and ready for church or do you pull the covers over your head? I wake up early and start rolling around and then I just jump out of bed and get ready for church. I love attending church services as I want to grow spiritually and I want to hear what God has for me that day. 

I love teaching and when the Pastor is a teacher I seem to thrive on the sermons. I think about one of the services I attended, I was so taken in with the message I complete forgot about time. Then there are times when I just keep on watching to see what time it is. 

Now are you fully functioning as a part of your church? Do you realize that the church is paralyzed when you aren’t there? Each of us has a roll to play in the church and don’t forget you are “the church”.  Looking at 1 Corinthians 12 verse 12 we see “One Body with many members – for just as the body is one and has many members, and all the members of the body, though many, are one body, so it is with Christ.” Continue in verse 18 “But as it is, God arranged the members in the body, each of them, as he chose.”

Come to church and grow spiritually, you don’t know when God is going to send Jesus back for us.  I believe if you aren’t attending church you risk the chance of missing your calling. 

If you are absent we suffer because of your absence and our numbers dwindle and you are missed.

Prayer

Lord bless each person today reading this message, Lord we need people to return to church and we are calling them back. They need to be fed and the best way is to attend church services and from there they grow and become stronger. Bless each person in the Name of Jesus Christ. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...