Monday 11 September 2017

Do yOu loVe #yOuRsElF?


Matthew 22: 37 – 39 TLB

Jesus replied, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. The second most important is similar: Love your neighbor as much as you love yourself.”

The love question; is something that I want to avoid most of the time, it’s so easy to say “I love you” to my husband and kids but when it comes to myself, I avoid that immediately. Because of my bad self-esteem I struggle with loving myself. I am constantly weighting myself and checking my weight, I am constantly worried about my appearance. My self-esteem is very low and it’s difficult for me to accept myself just the way that I am.

I do realize that God wants us to love Him and our neighbors and me. My sister-in-law said that I need to relax a little bit and not be so hard on myself. I should think about forgiving myself and stop keeping myself in prison. She said try and release my true self from this prison in which I have placed myself.

With these facts in my hand I now actually need to consider how I can begin to love myself better today? I think by accepting myself. I confess my sin of not forgiving myself. Lord God forgive me I forgive myself.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I have come to realize that I have been keeping myself in prison and that I have not been more forgiving towards myself. I have held myself captive for far too long and I am humbly confessing my sinful nature. I forgive myself and set myself free. Lord I come into Your presence asking forgive me, teach me to understand who I am, where I am and what it is You want me to learn and understand. Give me the necessary understanding, wisdom and insight for today. I love You Lord teach me to love myself too. In the precious name of Jesus Christ I pray, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...