Wednesday 20 September 2017

#Sanctified




Romans 15: 16 “to be a minister of Christ Jesus to the Gentiles in the priestly service of the gospel of God, so that the offering of the Gentiles may be acceptable, sanctified by the Holy Spirit.”

What does it mean to be “sanctified?” I believe that you are “set apart.” It also refers to being holy, consecrated and hallowed. Christians have sanctified as well as the Israelite.  God’s name is also sanctified.
I believe we are set apart so that we can be used for something specifically in the salvation plan of God.  Once you become a Christian the Holy Spirit takes up residence in your heart and you start changing. This is because you are copying many of the things you learn and read about in the Bible. For most Christians, it’s about become more like the Lord Jesus Christ.

As a believing Christian, I think the Holy Spirit is constantly changing things and thoughts in my life. I am leaning more and more the Holy Spirit to get through the day. 

I believe this is a process and in time I hope that I will be a perfect picture of the Lord Jesus Christ but I realize that I am on earth and that I am influenced by many other things in my own life. I actually have to make it my business to stay connected to the Lord through reading the Bible and Studying Gods Word.

Prayer
O Lord God, I want to pray please sanctify me and make me acceptable in Your sight. I cover myself with the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ and dress in the Lord Jesus Christ. Help me as I go through this day, renewing my mind and let me see people through Your eyes. Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...