Friday 15 September 2017

Take control of your thoughts



Proverbs 23: 7 “As he thinketh in his heart, so is he.”


Taking control of my thoughts has been a daily thing lately in my own life. In the past I have been so reactive and allowed people to upset me. The best part is that when I realize someone is taking up my thoughts I push them out immediately. I don’t see the use of constantly worrying about what they think of me, or whether I offended them or not. These thoughts are useless and not necessary they don’t help me grow in any way.
I want to improve my thought life and am constantly reading and focusing on God’s word. I want to grow spiritually and the word (the Bible) is my focus point.

Something that struck me was a German proverb which says: “Better an empty purse than an empty head.” Now more than ever I am constantly thinking about things, looking at how I can improve myself and become a better thinker.

I am constantly thinking ahead and I believe with foresight I might be able to change things. I don’t want to be left in the lurch. It has always been my policy to look for the best in people and not the worst.

Prayer
Lord God Almighty, I AM WHO I AM, today I want to humbly pray help me to focus on this principle in my own life. LORD I want to learn to think on “whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable – if anything is excellent or praiseworthy – I want to think about such things.” Please help me LORD in renewing my thought life, because I want to become more like YOU. In the Holy Name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...