Friday 13 October 2017

Dress for success!



Ephesians 4: 24 “Put on the new self.”

You already know my thinking, I have been working on my own attitude for as long as I can remember and I have been sharing my journey with you. Today I want to tell you about my thinking. As I read this passage and think about the scripture I realize that I need to dress for success. I need to put on the new self. 

I am learning not to allow negative thoughts to plague my mind and if something pops in and tries to seal my peace I send it away. I even speak to myself in an audible voice “No Yvette, Stop that thought right now!”
I am in a constant struggle with thoughts that plague me of not being worthy or that I am nothing and no one cares. All these things are nonsense but they come to me all the time. 

If friends and family start talking nonsense and I feel that I don’t want to be exposed to it I remove myself from their company, by saying “excuse me I need to do something.”

So here I am dressed for success and I will not allow my old self to come back into my life.

Prayer

O Lord You know the struggle I am enduring with my old thoughts that constantly plague me. I am sitting here before You and I pray Holy Spirit please help me identify the thoughts that are harmful and destructive in my own mind. Help me to stay focused on the Word of God and help me in the renewing process.  In the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...