Monday 23 October 2017

How wise are you?




2 Thessalonians 1: 6 “God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you.”

I am so sick and tired of fighting and have come to a place in my life that I just place my hand over my mouth to shut up. Then I saw this verse “God is just, He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you.” I must be honest I was happy about this but then I also felt terrible because I am also the person who causes trouble.
I realize that God’s character is pure we see that in Proverbs Chapter 30 verse 5 “Every word of God is pure: He is a shield unto them that put their trust in Him.” Now dealing with difficult situations I revert back to God. “Please place a shield over my life, help me.”  I am not self-righteous but I need all the help I can get.
Another characteristic of God is He is peace-loving and we see that in 1 Corinthians Chapter 14 verse 33 “For God is not a God of disorder but of peace, as in all the meetings of God’s holy people.” I enjoy order and peace in my own life, when things are running smoothly and each thing is in its place I feel confident and happy. I have disorder and it makes me very unhappy.

God is considerate and submissive in character we see this in Matthew chapter 11 verse 28 to 29 “Come to Me, all who are weary and heavily burdened [by religious rituals that provide no peace], and I will give you rest [refreshing your souls with salvation]. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me [following Me as My disciple], for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST (renewal, blessed quiet) FOR YOUR SOULS.

We all know that God is full of mercy we see that in Deuteronomy Chapter 4 verse 31 “He will not leave you, destroy you, or forget the covenant with your fathers that He swore to them by oath, because the LORD your God is a compassionate God.”


Prayer
Lord God, thank You for loving us unconditionally and showing mercy towards each one of us today. LORD we come humbly into YOUR presence and praise YOUR HOLY NAME. You have been there for each one of us.  We praise YOUR HOLY NAME, in the HOLY NAME of JESUS CHRIST Amen





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...