Wednesday 11 October 2017

I am Learning to Conquer my fears every day.



1 Samuel 17: 34 but David said to Saul, “Your servant was tending his father’s sheep. When a lion or a bear came and took a lamb from the flock,”

I was so fearful and worried yesterday and I needed God’s word to strengthen and help me. As I opened my devotional that I read every day the messages were clearly written for me. “I will strengthen you and help you!” Isaiah 41: 10 

Look I am not someone who fears people but there are somethings I feel I don’t have the strength to fight against and yesterday was one of those days.

I felt intimidated and unworthy and I felt that I would not be able to rise above the circumstances. The lion was looking me in the eye and I could feel his breath in my neck. I realized by focusing on God’s Word I became stronger and I felt that God was helping me.

I don’t want to blame my hormones and say it’s because I am struggling with all kinds of emotions no, I believe at that very moment my courage was gone. I cannot say the same as King David who conquered a lion and a bear and then finally Goliath.

My adversaries aren’t in a physical form and I really do not fear people, I fear God. I learned yesterday my fear is the unknown and what the outcome of a certain problem would bring. As I meditated on God’s Word I felt comfort and was able to face the challenge. I also am reminding myself of God’s Word “God did not give us a spirit of timidity.” 2 Timothy 1: 7 I am learning to conquer my fear, I cannot control what happens around me but I can cry out to God in my hour of uncertainty and fear. God strengthened me and I believe God helped me.

Prayer

Lord God today I pray help me face the lion and bear and Goliath in my own life.  Please strengthen me and show me the way forward. I bring my challenges to You in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and I pray for a discerning spirit and ask that You will help me in recognizing my fear.  Lord helps me rise up in faith and conquer the problems that come my way.  In Jesus Christs Name I pray Amen.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...