Tuesday 7 November 2017

No one knows what tomorrow brings.



“In the day of prosperity be joyful,
but in the day of adversity consider that
God has made the one as well as the other,
so that man will not find out anything that will be after him.”
Ecclesiastes 7: 14

I have found that God has a new assignment each and every day set out for me and in last week I had to come to terms with “acceptance.”  I was really busy and we are preparing for “payroll close” at the office.

God has been teaching me to deal with a new challenge each day or even more than one day.  “Acceptance” is a challenge I have been struggling with for a number of years and I have been pushing every button I know in trying to make things happen. 

In reflection of what happened last week I have come to realize that by “accepting” my life and just relaxing my hold things started to give.

I don’t want to go into detail on that but God sure knows how to deal with me each and every day. It isn’t possible for me to predict the future and to know what tomorrow brings, I am allowed to dream but I cannot foretell what tomorrow will bring.

Prayer

O LORD in accepting my life and circumstances I believe You are now able to work in my life. Each day it is my desire to grow spiritually and I dedicate my life into Your hands. Help me move forward and teach me a new attribute each day. Lord as Reinhold Niebuhr said I too pray “God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; the courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference.” Holy Spirit come into my life and guides me and helps me in Jesus Christs name.  Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...