Monday 18 December 2017

#lOvE


Colossians 3: 12-14
“So, as God’s own chosen people,
who are holy [set apart, sanctified
for His purpose] and well-beloved [by God Himself],
put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility,
gentleness, and patience [which has the power to endure
whatever injustice or unpleasantness comes, with good temper];
bearing graciously with one another,
and willingly forgiving each other if one has a cause
for complaint against another;
just as the Lord has forgiven you,
so should you forgive?
Beyond all these things put on and wrap yourselves in
[unselfish] love, which is the perfect bond
of unity [for everything is bound together in agreement
when each one seeks the best for others].”


A chosen generation, I believe that I was born for this moment in time, and so were you.  Yes, we live in a perilous world and love doesn’t seem to feature anywhere lately.  I don’t even notice any civility between people, husband’s and wives and even children are rude. 

It’s almost as though we have forgotten how to show compassion, kindness and being humble isn’t in anybody’s books lately.  I don’t see people being gentle and their patience has run out before the next word is spoken.

I pray that we will wrap ourselves in love and start being kinder to people, showing compassion towards others, turning away from vicious words with a humbleness that makes people stop and listen.  Being in a good frame of mind any time of the day and always trying to see the other guys point of view.

Learning to forgive people and working towards unity instead of trying to get even.  I know it sounds difficult but I do want to remind you that it isn’t impossible.

Prayer

Lord, Father God, we humbly come into Your presence today as we wrap ourselves in agreement with Colossians 3: 12-14.  Lord guide us and teach us to be kinder, loving, gentle and compassionate quick to listen and slow to speak our minds.  Lord help us to forgive and mend fences.  Open our eyes and ears so that we can hear what it is You are teaching us each day.  I pray in Jesus Christ's name.  Amen




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...