Tuesday 23 January 2018

#doers not just hearers.


James 1: 22 AMP

“But prove yourselves doers of the word [actively
and continually obeying God’s precepts],
and not merely listeners [who hear the word but
fail to internalize its meaning],
deluding yourselves [by unsound
reasoning contrary to the truth].”

You know when you get that bright idea and it keeps you out of sleep almost the whole night? The next day you feel like a train hit you. I know those thoughts and then I forget all about my great idea.

Or someone is constantly telling you what they are going to do, “I’m going to write this very good story and then I’m going to be a rich as “Castle” on TV. I also used to talk about all the wonderful things I was going to do. The sad part is I never put action to my talking. I never actually did anything about it. I just talked about it.

It is the same with serving God, we have all this information at hand and we supposed to be sharing with the World. I write because I enjoy writing and I believe someone is reading what I think and may agree or disagree with me. I don’t know but now I have their attention and they want to see what else I am saying. It is my hope that the Holy Spirit will touch each person’s life when they read my short daily devotional.

Prayer

Lord, humbly I pray that You will create a thirst in our lives to help us chase after Your Word. Help me be a doer of Your Word in the Holy Name of Jesus Christ. Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...