Friday 12 January 2018

Getting strength


Exodus 15: 2 NIV

The Lord is my strength and my defence;
he has become my salvation.
He is my God, and I will praise him,
my father’s God, and I will exalt him.

Nothing you say or do is going to make your life any better after everything is said and done life still has to go on. You look at the kids and realize they only have you to depend on and you cannot give up no matter what.

Some days seem so very hard to deal with; you feel like your entire life has fallen apart and that you just cannot get up and go. Then someone at the office sees’s you and gives you a hug and a word of encouragement. It’s not too long and another colleague walks by and gives you an unexpected cup of coffee with a cookie, your favourite.

You know God must really love you after everything is said and done. You see His hand of protection over your own life; you see the gifts of supernatural favour coming your way. You don’t have the strength to make it on your own but with God and good friends and family, you may just get through this difficult time.

Getting strength sounds really cool but when you really are falling apart and you don’t have the will to go on and face anything, which is when God sends you a friend or a family member. You talk about the divorce or the death of someone close to you. Each day you talk about the pain and hurt you are facing the more you are strengthened by your listener. The burn is getting lighter and you are starting to heal, one day at a time.

Prayer


Lord, you know the pain and hurt we face the loss of a family member through divorce or when they pass away. Thank You for sending us people into our lives to help us face tomorrow. We thank you for our support groups, family and friends. We don’t always understand and get why these things happen but we trust in You, believe You know best. We pray this in the Holy Name of Jesus Christ. Amen 



https://goo.gl/xK6bTg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...