Wednesday 17 January 2018

Honouring our Parents


1 Timothy 5: 4
But if a widow has children or grandchildren, let them first learn to show godliness to their own household and to make some return to their parents, for this is pleasing in the sight of God.

I have heard people state that they don’t believe it is their responsibility to take care of their parents or old people in general. I wonder what is going to happen to them when they get old because they aren’t that young either.

My heart goes out to the elderly and I feel truly sorry for them. They don’t have a great pension and a couple of Rand they have in their hands don’t pay for everything.

I want to ask you humbly to never forget about your own parents. I believe it is a honour to look after them. They were there for you when you were a little child and took care of you. Now that they are aging should you be doing the same for them? Have we become so self-centred and selfish that we couldn’t care less?

We are instructed to look after our children and grandchildren and also look after our parents.

Prayer

Abba Father, You know my heart and understand where I am coming from. It is my heart’s desire that it will go well with my mom. I bring them before You in humble prayer asking that You will help them, keep them safe and bring change into their lives. In the Holy Name of Jesus Christ. Amen






No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...