Friday 12 January 2018

Illness


2 Kings 20: 1 NIV
In those days Hezekiah became ill 
and was at the point of death. 
The prophet Isaiah son of 
Amoz went to him and said, 
“This is what the Lord says: 
Put your house in order, 
because you are going to die; 
you will not recover.

When people are ill and I am talking about people who suffer from cancer or some other dread decease. They go through different stages and the first one that comes into play is they isolate themselves from others and deny they are suffering from this illness.

Then when they actually need to deal with this illness they become really angry and lash out. Questions are asked and the “Why” comes into play. “Why me, what did I do to deserve this?” A struggle they go through for some time.

They start praying and reading their Bible and trying to bargain with God, “you know Lord if You allow me to get well I will serve You fully.” Things like that, and they do this for a while constantly hoping something is going to change.

As time passes and they see their bargaining didn’t pay off and they still are in the same state or have deteriorated they become depressed. They withdraw themselves from their family and friends and so sad and lonely.

They realise that there isn’t much they can do and then they accept their plight and they relax. Many times God heals people at the moment of their relaxation.

Prayer


Lord, we want to also pray like King Hezekiah Lord we repent and ask Lord, remember me. I walked before you faithfully and with a wholehearted devotion, I believe I have done what is good in your eyes. Please in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth heal me today. Amen 



https://goo.gl/xK6bTg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...